Dental Events in 2016: FDA Convention
Florida’s guardians of oral and dental health, together with their colleagues from the rest of the United States as well as the world, are converging in Kissimmee, just south of Orlando, for the annual Florida Dental Convention on June 16-18, 2016with the theme “The Art of Modern Dentistry”. The 3-day convention, to be held at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, aims to equip Florida dentists with the right professional competencies that will help them get through the many challenges of a technology-driven age as well as increased consumer awareness.
3-Day Continuing Education Sessions
From day 1 to day 3, notable speakers and experts in the dentistry profession will be providing lectures, workshops, and discussion sessions to hundreds of convention participants as they try to address some of the most pressing issues faced by dentists in Florida today. Clinical excellence will still be the highlight of these continuing education (CE) courses with the addition of topics in new and emerging technologies such as laser applications and the value of computer aided design and manufacturing or CAD/CAM. Issues that affect different segments of the population such as pregnant and nursing mothers, children, diabetics, oral cancer patients, and the elderly are also discussed. Updates in dental clinic management including data analysis and management, crisis management, practice ownership, and the use of internet innovations to improve reach to more people needing oral and dental care will also be presented.
Activities that Celebrate the Life of a Dentist
The 2016 Florida Dental Convention will not only be purely continuing education courses. The convention organizers spearheaded by its 13-member committee recognize the need to enjoy as well and celebrate life as dentists. There are 5 activities that the organizers have deemed important to help improve camaraderie among dentistry professionals and motivate them to be a lot better in the performance of their dental duties.
- Sweet Success: You’re the Star – Designed to bring out the singing talents or rock star potential of every dentist, the Sweet Success: You’re the Star is a live karaoke event where dentists can take the center stage and jam with the live band. The activity will be held at the Osceola C Ballroom of the Gaylord Palms on the evening of the 16that from 8 to 11.
- Heroes and Villains Party – Designed for the whole family, Heroes and Villains Party greatly encourages everyone to be in their favorite superhero or super villain costume as they are treated to a night of fun-filled entertainment and truly breathtaking performances. The party will be held from 7 to 10 in the evening of the 17that the Hotel Atrium.
- The After Party @ Wreckers – The Florida Dental Association’s Council on the New Dentist has come up with the After Party @ Wreckers to warmly welcome the new members of the Florida’s community of dentists. Drinks and music played by DJ King will provide the warm welcome that new Florida dentists need. The party kicks off at 10 in the evening of the 17thand goes on until 1 in the early morning of the 18th. While the party is for new dentists, their families and significant others as well as other dentists are encouraged to join in the merrymaking.
- Awards Luncheon – On the 18thof June 2016 at 12 noon to 1:30 in the afternoon, the Florida Dental Association will be presenting the President’s Award, the FDA Dentist of the Year Award, the FDA Leadership Awards, and a host of other awards to FDA members who have performed exceptionally well in the previous year as well as for their continued sterling service to advancing the aims of the Florida Dental Association.
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom Night Out – Since the convention officially ends on the 18thof June, dentists and their families can spend a few extra days exploring the magical Walt Disney World in Orlando. There are 4 theme parks to choose from: Disney’s Hollywood Studies, Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Special tickets are available to FDC2016 participants and their respective families and friends as well as colleagues at discounted prices. Tickets can be purchased as discounted multi-day tickets or partial day tickets. The offer is only available until the 15th of June so convention participants will still have plenty of time to make adequate plans for an extended stay in Kissimmee and Orlando.
This year’s Florida Dental Convention is expected to generate more enthusiasm among Florida’s dental professionals. It is hoped that the confab will keep dentists remain passionate and committed to the profession.